Friday, July 4, 2008

Emoetry - Ode to Thee

They both walked hand in hand,
Believing that they'd never have to let go,
They both walked to a road with a bend,
It had a fork dividing their lives; they knew what the had to do,

They both let go of each other,
Looking into each other's teary eyes,
They didn't want to walk any further,
It was too soon for them to say their goodbyes,

This was the hardest part of it all,
Even worst than the time they fought,
This was nothing close to the art painting on the wall,
By this time it was solace that they sought,

Memories of being in each other's arms,
Memories of hugging each other to sleep at night,
Memories of mornings where they'd turn off each other's alarms,
Memories of every unnecessary fight,

They looked ahead at the road that seemed never ending,
They looked back but the road that brought them there disappeared,
They walked the road ahead of them without reminiscing,
They tried to throw away every thought and feeling they ever feared,

Although her heart was heavy,
She moved on gracefully through that road,
He on the contrary,
Decided to turn around he had to lighten his load,

He wasn't ready for what lied ahead,
He needed to finish all that he had to accomplish,
Not regretting the choice he made,
Walking back to the place he had made that wish,

The wish of them being together forever,
This time he made the wish completely different,
He wished her all the best in his prayer,
She was like an angel that God sent,

She picked him up when he fell,
She made him laugh when he was sad,
She made him felt loved and free of hell,
All in all...she made him glad,

This little poem is to you,
For everything that you've done for me,
After everything thats happened I still love you,
Sadly things just turned out how we didn't want it to be,

You've brought me joy,
You've changed the way I lived,
You've even made me feel like a little boy,
You've even made me start to believe,

That there is a purpose to go on,
Because you made everything seem fine,
That this is the life I wouldn't have to abandon,
I will always be happy that I once called you mine,

I was broken into pieces,
And you mended my broken soul,
The time I've spent with you was the greatest,
A part of my soul is what you'll always hold,

This is an ode to thee,
Who filled my life with glee,
This is an ode to thee,
Who gave me back pieces of me,

This is an ode to thee,
Who in darkness helped me see,
This is an ode to thee,
Who will forever be a part of me.

9 comments:

Sineu said...

Damn emo....like josh said....hou yao feeling...XD

Unknown said...

Lolz...thanx...am actually emo-ing at the moment...

Julian Cheong said...

I dunno whether the things you write are real or fictional?

What's with all the emoetry these days? They are good, but constantly emo means things are not so good.

~tia~ said...

*hugs*
:D

Elmo's Friend said...

hey...we're here okay. anytime. even tho i'm a lousy adviser but i have ears and they function pretty well. my crappy assignments can wait. *more hugs on top of tia's hugs*

Unknown said...

lolz...thanx for the support...now i know you guys will always be family...although there's 1 family here...

jf said...

hang in there yooo!

Szetoo said...

*throws rope and that round round red and white float thingy*

Unknown said...

Lolz...appreciate the life saver/float Ms.Zeee2..but seriously people...i am fine...as long as i've got you guys & gals to keep me together from falling apart