Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Emoetry - Dwindling Art

As I stood by that smelly "creek"
With 3 little versions of me,
The angel; devil and freak,
Thinking whats it going to be,

Just then; a beautiful girl passes us,
Hand in hand with her man,
Faced filled with pimpled pus,
I certainly wasn't a big fan,

Me: That dude is a lout,
Devil: Who has a face like a trout,
Angel: He ain't too bad; just a tad stout,
Freak: WHEE! Look at that platypus pout!

Such is the state of young love,
Anything does and can happen,
Just confess your love with a fake verve,
And whip out your secret weapon,

Girls like guys with cars,
They just like being whisked someone far,
Does it matter if he locks you up behind bars?
Wow! Thats a nice new scar,

Girls also like guys with fat wallets,
And an endless flow of money,
Its cool if he hits her with mallets,
With retail therapy everyday is sweet as honey,

Some girls like guys who are out of sight,
But is it worth all those stupid fights?
And how he screams at you with all his might?
Guys like these should be considered blights,

Then comes a guy with a great big smile,
It seems like he did some "coke" as long as a mile,
He also seems to get "it" more than once in awhile,
But deep down I can tell his bitter as bile,

Next to him is a walking skeleton,
Who acts posh like she's from London,
She drinks Earl Grey; never Lipton,
She even speaks like Paris Hilton,

Me: Look at that bean sprout,
Devil: How is she able to walk about?
Angel: Maybe she's trying to figure a look out,
Freak: Oh gosh! She's so thin I think I just got gout,

Guys like perfect complexion and no zits,
Not to mention round asses and big tits,
But whats with the fake personality?
Dude, please come back to reality,

Some guys treat girls like dogs,
I sure they've got a few rusty cogs,
Or probably they're just dumb as logs,
We should dissect them to study like frogs,

Some guys even like to "share",
Their herpes which isn't rare,
They do "it" like a wild hare,
Do "it" with them if you dare,

I guess its no longer 1965,
I'm watching a recording not live,
But I'm still not buying all that jive,
I'll patiently wait for true love to arrive,

Call me a classic romantic,
Its true I'm an old school fanatic,
You could even say I'm a new age heretic,
I like my life simple and not dramatic,

What happened to chemistry?
What happened to caring about personality?
Is finding love no longer an artistry?
Something has gone wrong with young society.

No comments: