Sunday, July 20, 2008

Emoetry - Inspiration Solution

Here I am telling myself,
"I've have to write",
This itch is worse than a mosquito bite,
I search for inspirations in my bookshelf,

Nothing helps me think,
I get discouraged in a blink,
It feels as if my mind is about to shrink,
I just scribble away wasting ink,

I turned on my stereo,
Munched on an "Oreo",
Still nothing comes to mind,
Where is the inspiration I'm dying to find?

How could I have lost it?
Did it escape when I popped a zit?
If it doesn't return I'm going to throw a fit,
Darn it I'm feeling like a nitwit,

I throw my pen & paper aside,
Then start searching deep inside,
For that little "Me" whose gone to hide,
Right now all I want is to take it for a ride,

As I close my eyes,
I find all sorts of coloured dyes,
I then remember a special file,
Finding it in a neatly stacked pile,

Its where I keep memories,
Memories made with someone,
Someone who enhances my abilities,
My abilities to finish all thats undone,

I find my little inspiration,
Sleeping between photos of her,
He knew she was the only solution,
He knew she makes my emotions stir,

I closed the file silently,
And left that storage room happily,
I finish another poem and read it proudly,
She read it and hugged me lovingly,

She's something I pray to never lose,
As she's the drug I choose to abuse,
She's my addiction; my muse,
She lights my poetic fuse.

No comments: