Saturday, July 12, 2008

Emoetry - One For The Angels

As my wings break,
I start falling from grace,
I knew my life was at stake,
As I fell at such a fast pace,

I hit the ground hard,
Yet I left unscathed,
I should have broken as if I were a card,
Yet in the acid rain I bathed,

The rain burned,
The moon was red,
Like the blood I bled,
Death was something I yearned,

Alive and breathing,
Angry and seething,
Still searching for the meaning,
Of why I was still living,

I walked towards a lake,
With the souls of the hopeless,
One step was all I had to take,
To join the horde of lifeless,

I moved closer to the rippling surface,
My reflection was unrecognizable,
I spit at it in utter disgrace,
My life has been a total fable,

Fabricated to the point,
Where it felt so real,
But it felt like a sleazy strip joint,
Like a card game with a rotten deal,

I lost all glimmer of hope,
But as I was about to take that final step,
Someone held me from an invisible rope,
Stopping my self made trap,

Blurry eyed I see something magnificent,
They had majestic wings,
It was hard to ignore that they were present,
These angelic beings,

They held me up facing the cerulean ceiling,
With the warm sunshine heating my cold soul,
My darkest night turned into a beautiful morning,
They removed from my life everything that was foul,

They restore my strength,
When I feel that I've lost it all,
They help me stand tall,
When I'm out of breath,

They give me a peaceful life,
Whenever troubles are rife,
They do their best,
To help me pass every little test,

I now know that I'm never alone,
As I've always had them around,
Sometimes we think they're gone,
But in truth they're easily found,

What do they know?
These people that claim angels are dead,
That all this is just in my head,
That its a fairytale I follow,

They may try to break what I believe,
But I know that angels live,
They just take on different roles,
From friends to family they fill up these little holes,

That make our lives empty,
That make living dreary,
Which sometimes makes us go crazy,
And ends up putting us in a frenzy,

To my closest of friends,
I say thank you for all you've done,
You've given my life colour in every tone,
Thank you for straightening all the bends,

To my family members,
I would like to express my gratitude,
And I will never be able to find a substitute,
That keeps my soul burning like embers,

You're all to me a necessary substance,
I could never live with your absence,
Wherever I go I feel your presence,
You're all to me God's greatest presents.

No comments: