Sunday, January 4, 2009

Emoetry - Song Of My Soul

If a song could describe how I feel,
Its got to be John Morrison's "You Give Me Something",
Because these feelings could be nothing,
But I'm willing to try and make them real,

I'm sitting where we were yesterday,
Where I had to keep my feelings at bay,
I miss your laughter and smile,
Just thinking of you makes my heart run wild,

As Jon Foreman sings "On Fire",
Thats exactly how I feel when I'm with you,
I hope you're feeling the same way too,
In me I'm hiding a deeply burning desire,

I'm still sitting where we were yesterday,
Where we shared a drink,
There are a million things I wish I could say,
But for now I'll just do it in ink,

David Cook now does his rendition of "Music of the Night",
What he sings is so true; you do make my soul take flight,
If only you could read this poem that I write,
About this feeling thats eating me for the inside like a termite,

The train comes to a screeching stop,
As I sip on my diluted fizzy pop,
Wishing to see you stepping down on the platform,
But the truth is you're still back in your dorm,

Finally Toryn Green starts in his husky voice,
"Leave The Memories Alone" drowns out the noise,
Thats exactly how I want things to be,
In my mind; nothing but the memories of you and me,

I left that place with a heavy heart,
Wishing to relive everything that transpired,
To me; You are God's greatest work of art,
Its you that'll keep me forever inspired.

No comments: