Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Emoetry - Fine & Breathing Letdown

There is a singer,
Whom I admire,
His songs make me unwind,
His words tend to linger,
Like an ever burning fire,
In the depths of my mind,

So here are a few lines,
From albums new and old,
Each one brilliant as the other,
That I've changed to rhymes,
With it my story will unfold,
And keep you entertained forever,

When I wake in the morning,
I thank God that I'm living,
I want to blow into pieces,
And conquer new places,
I want more than just okay,
Why can't it be like this everyday?

When I’m up with the sunrise,
Your beauty is always a surprise,
I want more than just blue skies,
I need to stare into your hazel eyes,
I want more than just okay,
It is; as beside you I get to lay,

When I'm lit with the sunshine,
I know I'm more than fine,
I want more than just a good time,
And I will chronicle them in a rhyme,
I want more than just okay,
Because to you I get to say,

That I'm learning to breathe,
You've pulled me out of my sheathe,
I'm learning to crawl,
You've healed me after every brawl,
I'm finding that You,
With everything you do,

And You alone can break my fall,
You've been with me through it all,
I'm living again, awake and alive,
Into your beautiful soul I wish to dive,
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies,
You presence tends to ease my sighs,

It was a beautiful letdown,
Into the gutter I was thrown,
When I crashed and burned,
To stop my cries you returned,
When I found myself alone; unknown and hurt,
You found ways to mend my heart,

The day I knew,
The day I truly grew,
That all the riches this world had to offer me,
As rich as I may tend to be,
Would never do,
As all I ever needed was you,

When You found me here,
I was constantly leaving in fear,
Yeah, for once in a rare blue moon,
I've received my boon,
I see everything clear,
As you've wiped away my tears,

I'll be a beautiful letdown,
No longer will I frown,
That's what I'll forever be,
As you've given life back to me,
And though it may cost my soul,
Which no longer has a gaping hole,
I'll sing for free,
Your beauty the world has to see.

No comments: