Thursday, August 7, 2008

Emoetry - Straight Edged Rage

Its time I break out from this cage,
I won't hold back this bestial rage,
Its time I lived life on the edge,
I'm taking a leap off this ledge,
Its adrenaline I don't need a gauge,
I'm tearing up the rules page by page,

I'm done sitting by the sideline,
I've had enough of letting time flyby,
I'm about to explode like a land mine,
No longer do rules or regulations apply,
I ain't going to pay my dues or fine,
I'll leave this all behind high and dry,

I've had enough of crawling in this pit,
I've had enough of taking all this shit,
No longer will I stand while others sit,
I'll tear these restrains apart bit by bit,
I'll be on life like an assassin on a hit,
Suicide is something I wouldn't commit,

I don't live for spirits or beers,
I don't need any substances,
I have other ways of killing my fears,
And strengthening my defences,
No longer will I shed bloody tears,
I'll leap over these walls and fences,

I'm like a freight train,
Crashing through every obstacle,
I no longer feel pain,
I'm close to being maniacle,
I've everything to lose nothing to gain,
But I'm still not wishing for a miracle,

I've been living a lie,
It was never the best thing for me,
I could have just laid down and die,
But that was never meant to be,
I just found a way to untie,
These leashes; now I'm breaking free,

My body may be aching,
My wounds might still be bleeding,
It feels like I'll never stop falling,
But my scars are healing,
I embrace this hated feeling,
Nothing will stop my heart from beating,

Here's what I'm trying to say,
I'm finally doing things my way,
Nothing will make me sway,
I was bound to explode some day,
So its time for the world to pay,
I'm letting the beast out to play.

No comments: