Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Emoetry - U.I.

I went to bed angry,
But woke up with tears in my eyes,
With thoughts fuzzy and vision blurry,
Wondering why my love for you won't die,

I stare at the blank walls,
Of what was once our home... Now my prison,
And a floor that is laid out with pitfalls,
And rooms and halls filled with demons,

I wonder how did you feel,
When you walked away from what we had,
Because your freedom left me encased in steel,
The silence and loneliness slowly driving me mad,

I get up to stand on my two feet,
Only for my knees to buckle under the weight,
I guess this is my taste of defeat,
But strangely I feel no anger or hate,

I sit on the floor in a state of confusion,
Instead of missing you less each day,
And wanting to get away from this complication,
I seem to be missing you more in every way,

I dust myself off and use the bed for leverage,
And walk towards the closed door,
Telling myself I will learn to manage,
On my own... without you for awhile more,

I feel the sunshine hit me as the door opens,
It instantly reminds me of the warmth of you,
Immediately my heart and soul is awoken,
And I immediately stop feeling so blue,

I know even though you are no longer here,
You still have a piece of my heart in your hands,
Which is why I must stay strong and persevere,
Until you return so we can finally make amends.

No comments: