Sunday, April 19, 2009

Emoetry - Gone

Pieces of me fall to the ground,
But I move on without a sound,
As I slowly stop and turn around,
The old me is nowhere to be found,

The memories that used to remain,
In the darkest corners of my brain,
Which caused all the hurt and pain,
Were never thought of ever again,

Deep down in me there was a secret,
It was a secret that filled me with fret,
Time spent with you was hard to forget,
Yet now I'm moving on without regret,

Losing you was what I really needed,
Just another chapter in life that ended,
The chapter that I would have avoided,
But its made me learn to be grounded,

I'm asking you to take a look at me now,
And see how time has made me grow,
Our ending a new beginning somehow,
Memories of us now just an afterglow,

You may have been the sweetest one,
Yet you left me afraid, frail and alone,
But after all that's been said and done,
I thank you because the old me is gone.

2 comments:

Anastasya Hong@Kylie said...

big word....surprised me...
your title is totally different from the body in the poem...
unexpected...nice!

Unknown said...

Haha! Thanx for the comment here & on MSN Tasya! Appreciate it much!