Sunday, April 12, 2009

Emoetry - Easter Wonder

In the room with a closed door,
Only silence is heard in the hall,
Posters strewn across the floor,
Instead of staying put on the wall,

Sitting silently on a tatty mattress,
Brooding under a hooded sweater,
Breathing in dust from the mess,
Writing on a used piece of paper,

Determined to finish his last poem,
His greatest piece of work ever,
Writing the Lord's beautiful anthem,
And how God made his life better,

He thanks God for giving him life,
He thanks God for the people he loves,
He thanks God for keeping them safe,
He thanks God for the bread loaves,

He thanks God for Jesus,
He thanks Jesus for taking his place,
Forgiving his sins in a way so glorious,
That thoughts of it makes him rejoice,

The moment he finishes writing,
He throws open the curtains,
Gets on his knees and starts praying,
Thanking God for easing the pains,

He stands up and spreads his wings,
Stands on the window sill to the roof,
He looks up to the skies and sings,
That God is the one and only proof,

Dreaming of this glorious day,
Ever since he was just only seven,
He was ready to make his way,
To be by God's side in heaven.

I thank God for every moment I'm alive,
I thank God for forgiving all of my sins,
I thank God for teaching me how to love,
I thank God for breaking my chains,

God gives me strength,
God saves me from evil,
God is with me on Earth,
God hides me from the devil,

My lord God is indescribable,
My lord God is unchanging,
My lord God is a love miracle,
My lord God is alive and living.

Thank You for everything Father.
In Jesus's name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: