Sunday, March 29, 2009

Emoetry - Burning

Sitting quietly in the dark,
Searching for an inspiration,
Waiting for a poetic spark,
Finding a needed revelation,

The room is lit by candle light,
I watched the flames flicker,
Something doesn't feel right,
I pause and start to wonder,

Everything was quite a blur,
Like the line between the smoke,
And flame which lost its fervour,
When my chain of thought broke,

Something struck me in the face,
It was quick; I never saw it coming,
And it was gone without a trace,
It felt like my head was burning,

I smelled the ashes of my skin,
Watching embers fall to the ground,
The burning continues deep within,
The flames searing and soul bound,

It consumed my soul in a fiery blaze,
It made my heart pound furiously,
Leaving me in confused and in a daze,
Yet it left me euphoric surprisingly,

Like a torrent of unsurpassed passion,
A much needed surge of emotion,
A welcomed poetic blood transfusion,
Poetry was finally back in motion,

Thanks to that burning candle,
Which has melted into my heart,
Making every complication bearable,
Making my life into a work of art.

No comments: