Sunday, June 29, 2008

Emoetry - Initiation

As my friends are all moving up,
I sit by these lonely steps looking down,
Will I always be that little lost pup?
Who runs to find his place in this big town?

Chasing dreams have never been easy,
Especially when I never had 1 to begin with,
Trying to figure myself out just makes me queasy,
It seems like the things I want to do only exist in a myth,

I look up at the night sky and make a wish on a star,
I wish for a dream that I wish to experience,
But a wish only makes that dream drift afar,
The truth is only I can make this dream commence,

No longer will I sit on the bench of waiting,
No longer will I wait for the bus of hope,
As I will redeem myself from this failing,
And show everyone that I can cope,

I can cope with the hardship,
I will make it through the problems that arrive,
Rising to a challenge will just be another road trip,
It is time that I breathe life into my dreams and watch them grow live,

No longer will I cause disappointment,
No longer will I make myself feel helpless,
The truth is my heart is a strong foundation of a monument,
I will no longer be the stone thats useless,

I will change my life for the better,
Not just mine but my family's too,
I shall heed the words of my father,
When I put my mind to it; there's nothing that I can't do.

No comments: