Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Emoetry - Escape

She held out her hands,
And invited me to dance in the rain,
I let out a huff and that was the end,
And yet she continued to try in vain,

She called to me to follow,
Her on to the roof to look at the stars,
I shook my head and said no,
Turning away before I could see her tears,

She tugged at the sleeve of my shirt,
Beckoning me to take a walk with her,
I dismissed her idea as if it were dirt,
Dismissing how I was pushing her away further,

She stood there right in front of me,
As she cried and poured her heart out,
I stood there thinking about the pain I wrought,
To this individual of immense beauty,

She turned and walked away,
Not looking back at the hell I created,
I reached out for her but to my dismay,
All I get a hold of is memories that I tainted,

I walked out into the unexpected thunderstorm,
To feel the rain drops touch my skin,
But what I really want is to feel her warmth,
And for her to say she forgives my sins,

But that's all a dream that I can just hope for,
In the end, I pray she gets all that she deserves,
Love, happiness, companionship and so much more,
With someone whose love for her is never reserved.

No comments: