Monday, February 23, 2009

Emoetry - Distant Thoughts

Its hard to forget,
Someone like you,
When our eyes met,
A dream came true,

In an unfamiliar place,
At an unexpected scene,
The smile on your face,
Made it all feel serene,

Your presence was ample,
To drown out the noise,
You made it seem simple,
All I heard was your voice,

You smiled and said "Hi",
I paused and stuttered,
What sounded like "Bye",
You stared and laughed,

Life paused for a moment,
As I gazed into your eyes,
I wanted it to be permanent,
I hate it when time flies,

As days turned into months,
Time spent with you fade,
Memories; moth eaten cloths,
Fragments left in a dark shade,

I still think of you now and again,
Wondering if you remember me,
The distance is driving me insane,
Its your smile I'm wishing to see,

I still hear you but its not easy,
Because the sound of your voice,
Its now just a distant memory,
Result of a poorly made choice,

If I had made a different move,
Would things be any different?
Would we be here and in love?
Or would I have left a dent?

You're still a distant thought,
But someday I'll draw you close,
You're the angel I sought,
The one I wouldn't want to lose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... i likey.
it moves.
i knw who this is about...lalala...

Unknown said...

HAHA! It moves? I guess it does doesn't it?
SHHH! Lock & Key ol' big mouth!

Anonymous said...

i won't tell...promise.
Ur secret is safe with me.
but then i have to show off...
sings : 'i know something u don't know, i know something you don't know. i know who...i know who...'

Unknown said...

Yes, yes. I know you know making it we know you know but are you sure they know but right now I think they might know coz you said you know & they know who to ask & that's the person who knows which makes you the person who knows.